Executive coaching is increasingly being recognised as one of the most effective ways to develop exceptional leaders and create dynamic organisations. CPM offers coaching services which can be integrated with the delivery of our leadership and management programs, or delivered as stand-alone coaching services.
Executive coaching is a collaborative relationship between a coach and a coaching client. The intention of coaching is to provide coaching clients with the opportunity and support to identify and fulfil their potential in life and at work.
CPM’s coaches all have extensive public sector experience, reflecting our belief that knowledge of the APS environment is central to the provision of relevant and practical coaching support.
The Benefits of Executive Coaching
There are a number of significant benefits that can be derived from Executive Coaching including:
- the ability to think strategically in terms of outcomes and capability to deliver those outcomes;
- improved goal-setting skills to prioritise and manage time more effectively;
- increased knowledge and insights into themselves and their organisation which increases capability and flexibility;
- more advanced communication skills – maximising verbal and non-verbal interactions, listening, providing valuable feedback (especially praise) and effectively managing difficult conversations, understanding, predicting and altering patterns of communications;
- improved team alignment;
- improved delegation with responsibility and authority; and
- timely completion of project work and reporting.
Types of Executive Coaching
Coaching can be effective in delivering on a range of organisational and professional objectives. CPM can deliver coaching sessions targeted at all of the following areas:
- Career coaching can assist individuals navigate a career path taking into consideration both personal and professional priorities and aspirations;
- High potential coaching can guide high-performing employees to ensure targeted development in key areas as their career progresses;
- Leadership and management development can introduce managers to contemporary leadership theories to assist in achieving the most from their teams;
- Interpersonal communication can address specific areas of development such as performance conversations, public speaking, communications styles etc;
- Performance coaching can address specific areas that have been identified either by individuals or their managers as barriers to their effectiveness at work;
- Strategic thinking and planning coaching can foster creative thinking and provide structures for decision-making that are simple yet effective in managing complex problems;
- Group or team coaching can assist in creating effective teams and foster shared goals and communication across established or new groups and teams.
More information about CPM's Coaching Services
A downloadable flyer (PDF) about CPM's coaching services including benefits to the individual and to the organisation is available here.
For more information please contact Kate Neser on 02 6120 1980.
- Course Overview
- Residential Leadership
- Specialist Courses
- Executive Coaching
- Download Catalogue